Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Fun: 2 solid match ups Knicks @ Bulls, Warriors @ Clippers

What to watch for Tonight:

Happy Halloween, it is that time of the year again, personalities are coming out in the form of alter egos and movie characters, and basketball is in the air. Halloween night provides two good match ups on TNT with Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley, Ernie Johnson, and Shaq doing the down time entertaining.

7pm Knicks at Bulls
Derrick Rose sat out practice today with some bumps and bruises, and Carmelo Anthony wants to play for another team. There is a lot to talk about tonight sitting around watching this one.

 After beating up on the Bulls at home, the Heat went and got beat by the 76ers on the road, what does that say about the bulls? Well nothing really, but I am going to over analyze it. At a glance this says a lot, D rose isn't back, the bulls aren't contenders, the Heat are beatable. But I also assume that D rose will get better, the bulls will get better, the Heat will not play without D wade all season, and the 76ers may not be THE worst team in the league.

'Melo couldn't have made much of a more distracting statement a couple weeks ago saying that he couldn't wait to be a free agent. Now I am in the few who understand that maybe he just meant that being in that position and being a good player is fun because you get to do whatever you want, but saying it out loud was just, so, dumb. I don't know what to expect from the Knicks, the talent is there and the Owner Expects to Win so we shall see, yes, we shall see...

Bulls win. Steve Kerr and Marv Albert on the Call...

9:30pm Warriors at Clippers
What at tasty match up here, outside of the Rockets last season the Warriors were the run and gun team of the west. They have 2 of the best, and I mean the best, shooters in the league in Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, both NBA second generation players. These 2 put on a clinic night in and night out, when I am teaching someone to shoot, their(Klay and Steph) tape is all I need. The Warriors won their first game smoking the Lakers in their house, the Lakers were on the second night of a back to back coming off an emotional opening night win over new rival Clippers. So tonight should provide a much better test for them.



I feel like I am becoming a Clipper hater, I don't hate the Clippers, I just think with their Roster and experience the expectations are unrealistic. The size is just not there. I don't like Chris Paul, good player, his flopping makes me want to throw a brick through my tv though, ala Manu Ginobli. So there is some extra hate for LA, but it aint the Lake Show. Rivers is a great coach and I wouldn't be surprised if HE could turn this team around, after all he got it(championship) done in Boston without a dominant 5.

Rooting for Warriors, so Warriors Win. Probably Reggie Miller and insert TNT play by play guy

No comments:

Post a Comment