Monday, November 4, 2013

A couple pregame thoughts and Notes, Rocks @ Clip Show



9:30 is so. far. away.

Clippers: 2-1, 1-0 at home

Chris Paul is averaging 27.7 points and 12 assists after 3 games, against Lin and Brooks tonight he'll go off. 


What to watch for: Everyone has jumped on the Clippers wagon because of the addition of Mr Rivers and the impressive names on their roster, they are impressive. All I’m looking at tonight is there 4(pf) and 5(c) position, Blake and Jordan. I know Jordan a little, a few of my friends went to Episcopal HS with him and we’ve been out on the town a couple times, super nice guy; but there may not be 2 less-intimidating people in the league. Physical ability aside I have no faith in either of their attitudes to truly dominate the NBA. I may be proven wrong and that’s ok, I love seeing kids grow and mature, but I don’t see them ever getting past a 3/4/5 seed in the West without a true Center. Watch them play tonight against Dwight and Asik, it should be a great matchup, Houston will be challenged to keep up with the C’s and may go small. Or, the Clippers may get shut down, stuck in the mud, Asik and Howard need to do a much better job of getting back and communicating in the paint for that to happen.


Prediction: The Rockets are still learning to play together but the win in Utah was impressive. Fresh off of that I game I don’t expect them to get down by much at any point, however a late start in LA is a tough gig. I’d like to think they win by 10 and it’s never really a game, they are capable of doing that in every game. I am going to respect the process though, Rocks still meshing and Cp3 + friends at home = Rockets Loss 116-113. The one thing they have going(besides their awesome team) is that the Clippers are still learning from their new coach, so we’ll see.


Notes: Late start, it is on NBAtv for you non Houstonians. LIn needs to play D, Chris could kill us tonight with Pat out. James should own, maybe 40 pts. Howard and Jordan blocks over/under 6.5? I know I said to look for the “bigs” match ups, but Kevin will probably go small most of the night, this should be a really fun game to watch, high scoring, dunks, blocks, 3s, flops, everything, so stay up for this one. Go Rockets.


Rematch this Saturday in Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment