Friday, November 1, 2013

Dirk comes to town! ...and Mark Cuban is a sore loser



Rockets Basketball pregame

opponent: Dallas Mavericks

record: 1-0

players to watch: Monta Ellis, Dirk Nowitzki

Wes will be: at the game throwing bottles from the rafters

game time/place: Toyota Center 7pm

Dallas comes to town tonight and if you are a Houstonian, well you know, we don’t like them. Let’s backtrack a bit first. This summer Houston was the clear winner of the off season NBA show signing Dwight Howard away from the Lakers, Hawks, Warriors and your North Texas Mavs. Dwight chose the best choice by many opinions, not just those in Houston. It seemed that staying in LA, going to Houston, or moving up the coast to Oak Town were the best options. Not to this guy, after reading this and getting worked up, I remembered that this guy has a huge ego, always at the front of his product and you shouldn’t expect him to believe/say anything less. He thinks Dallas is THE best city in the NBA just I like I believe Houston is THE best city in the NBA, so I can’t hate too much, but obviously I’m right(am I right? am I right?) boo mavericks.


Monta Ellis is a monster, a little(still over 6’) vampire looking, streak scoring, trash talkin monster. I love me some Monta, which is a reason I am bummed about hating the Mavs this season. With 3 Tar Heels Wright, Ellington, and Carter, the ACL-less freak Dejuan Blair, the German Bomber, and some other characters that I love but won’t bother you with the Mavericks will be fun to watch and hard to hate. I am confident though that they aren’t winning anything(conference), unless they get or develop better PG play and get Dalembert real help down low.


I think the Rockets are going to break their foot off in Dallas’ you know what tonight, but after seeing that game we played in the sand wednesday night I don’t feel certain. Dallas has a Dirk that I expect to have a monster season, I don’t know how that projects for his team. Playing with Monta(Dirk) that offense could get sticky and boring when they aren’t making their 19 foot jumpers(and even when they are), but I am discounting younger players stepping up, so if that happens I will be re evaluating their squad after the game.


The Rockets got off to a slow start against the bobcats, really never got going until 4 minutes left in the whole dang game, so I say they turn on the burners tonight and blow Dallas up, maybe 112-93. However, I am preparing myself to see Kevin run post up game the whole time on Dallas’ “bigs”, which will lead to a lower and closer score. I’m sticking with my prediction.

112-93 Go Rockets!


Dallas Roster



No comments:

Post a Comment