Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Post Clippers/Pre Blazers organized chaos



Reaction to LA: 118 - 137
I left my dang game notes at the office, but you don't care about my problems so I'll stick to what I know. Last night was all sorts of Crazy. If you missed it, Asik and Howard got early fouls and the Clippers got nice and cozy shooting the basketball. It was unreal, Reddick, Crawford, Paul, everyone got hot and looking good in Rivers' system. You see JJ flying off screens just like Ray Allen would and Paul running a smooth offense similar to Rondo(but with a jump shot)

The Rockets didn't play any defense and Kevin McHale was mad at the world, he had good reason, the refs wouldn't give his team calls(early) and his players wouldn't bend their knees on D. It was ugly. The Clippers tied a record for their franchise(while in LA) for points in a half with 78(1st half). The Rockets didn't get shut down by any means, they just couldn't keep up. At the end of the 3rd quarter Harden took a poor 3(on a full shot clock) and missed it with 19 seconds left in the quarter, leading to an easy Clippers breakaway to end it. I was irate and can't imagine McHale's attitude was much different. James didn't see much time after that. Every time the Rockets got close to coming back they would miss an easy lay up or dunk.

This sentence is me sparing you 100 more sentences on officiating and the NBA, not going to waste my time today. If you watched the game, you know what you saw.

5 games in 7 days is tough. It looked like the Rockets went to LA to go to the beach and get ready for the Blazers. Harden doesn't look 100%. Caspi is awesome. I can't imagine the Rockets(or refs) playing anything like that in the playoffs, I'm using the excuse of "needed growth" in every loss this year, and I believe that's fair.

Greg Smith leads the NBA in player efficiency rating. http://basketball.realgm.com/

Notes on Blazers:

2-1 record
5th in points per game 106.3
5th in assists per game 24.3

Leaders
Points LaMarcus Aldridge 25.7
Rebounds N. Batum 10.0
Assists N. Batum 6.0
Steals L. Aldridge 0.7
Blocks R. Lopez 2.0

I love Damian Lillard, he is fun to watch, smart, handles, shot, quicks, check him out. 

prediction: I don't know. If the Blazers shoot well or anything like the Clippers did last night then the Rockets lose to be 3-2. If the Rockets shoot decently, I think they'll win, going out on a limb, I know... 9 pm. Go Rockets. 







No comments:

Post a Comment